What Happens If My Microsoft 365 Account Is Locked and I Don’t Have a Recovery Email?
Accounts may be locked for a number of reasons, including several incorrect login attempts. Nobody can sign in to an Office 365 account that has been locked. To gain access to the account, you must first authenticate and check your credentials.
If you don’t have a recovery email, you will regain access to your account by following a series of steps. However, before you do so, keep these pointers in mind to make the account recovery process go more smoothly:
- When trying to restore your account, use a computer that you’ve previously used to sign in. Computer IP addresses are recognized by Microsoft.
- The Microsoft questions may or may not apply to you. As many questions as possible should be answered. It’s preferable to make an educated guess and come close than to leave a question unanswered.
- The requested email must be a working email. This email is not used by Microsoft for marketing purposes. This email is solely to inform you of the outcome of your recovery letter.
Fill out the Account Recovery Form if you need to reclaim your account.
The Office 365 recovery form consists of a set of questions about your account, including details that Microsoft believes that the account’s true administrator or organization will know. The steps to take are as follows:
1. Go to live.com/acsr and fill out the form.
2. Fill in the details for the account you’re attempting to restore.
3. Have a valid email address where Microsoft can reach you.
4. Validate the email address with a code sent to that address.
5. You will be asked a series of questions about yourself and your account. Fill in as much detail as possible to assist in a more detailed evaluation of the situation.
6. Fill out and submit the recovery form.
Hey there! As you know Microsoft Office is big software and sometimes users encounter various problems while trying to set up an Office package and we have already uploaded various articles on how to fix those errors and easily install Office on one’s PC/Mac or any other device from office.com/setup.